School of Rock 'n' Roll.
Download eBook £2.40 http://www.amazon.co.uk
Can be read on any device, smart phone, tablet or computer. Underneath the 'book' jacket on Amazon Kindle Books is a link - "Read on any device". You can download the Kindle app free.
(Book One - POPCORN TO ROCK 'N' ROLL - is published as eBook, Paperback and Hardback. This Book (Two) - will be published later as paperback and hardback, combined with Book Three).
- In 1961, Reg and Dorothy Calvert moved with their daughters from Southampton to Clifton Hall near Rugby. With them came an entourage of young musicians and singers. It did not take long for the inhabitants of Clifton -upon-Dunsmore to realise there were strange 'goings on' at the Hall. Rumour and gossip were rife. Who were these bohemian young men appearing in their village?
- Behind the fun, laughter, glitz and glamour of show business, lies a powerful love story, poignant and sometimes heartbreakingly sad. This book is not a nostalgic tale of sex, drugs and Rock 'n' Roll, although they are all contained within these pages.
- 39 images/photographs included, some never before published including photos of the Beatles and Tanya Day.
Photo above: 2012. 50 year Re-Union of some of the 'boys' who were employed by Reg Calvert.
Barney Peacock (drummer), Tony Burnett (drummer), Colin Angel/Wilsher (Singer and guitarist). Susan Moore (author and artist, daughter of Reg & Dorothy Calvert.) Danny Storm / David Hurran (singer). Glen Dale / Richard Garforth (singer). Geoff Chalk (guitarist). Don Ker (guitarist). Johnny Martin /Martin Upperdine, (singer and guitarist).
POPCORN TO ROCK 'N' ROLL by S.K. Moore
£2.20 eBook Amazon - available to read on any device including smart phone, tablet or computer. // £7.50 Paperback. // £14.50 Hardback from Fillongley Publications - email: fillongleypub @ btinernet.com
- The first book of a trilogy that has been described as similar to reading a novel by Catherine Cookson except that this is based on real lives.
- Extraordinary love story of Reg and Dorothy Calvert and young musicians and singers they employed. It tells of success and failure. There is, of course, sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll, but not in the way you would imagine and may make you laugh and even shock you.
154 pages. Contains many photographs.
Available to order direct from publishers: Fillongley Publications: Email: fillongleypub @ btinternet.com
eBook (approx £2.20) Amazon Kindle http://www.amazon.co.uk The eBook can be read on any device, including smart phone, tablet or computer. Download the free Kindle app - see the information in the box under the 'book' jacket on Amazon "Read on any device"..
- Book Three: Shivering Sands - Life and Death of a Pirate, is due to be published late 2016/7
LIFE AND DEATH OF A PIRATE
STAGE PLAY Available for theatre groups to adapt as a play, with or without music, projected images etc. Flexible script to suit the ability or theatre group and actors available.
Many things have been written about the 1950's and 60's. Most of it myth and exaggerated.
This is a true story that will hold your audience from beginning to end.
THREE NEW PLAYS based on the life and times of REG CALVERT
(Top) June 1946 Reg and Dorothy Calvert on their wedding day.
For more information and details about the plays visit:
REG - DEATH OF A PIRATE
A new play - double bill - combining two plays, 'School of Rock & Roll' and 'Death of a Pirate' With 1960's band: Pinkerton's Assorted Colours - plus - projected archive photographs was performed on 4th November at the Abbey Theatre, Nuneaton.
Rehearsal Filmed - and BBC Midlands Today featured the play and interview with Susan Moore on 3rd November 2011.
For photographs from the play - see PHOTOS from play page.
More information contact: susan _ calvert@ btinternet.com
FOR DETAILS TO PERFORM THE PLAY/S - contact:
Email: fillongleypub @ btinternet.com
For more information about Southampton Bands, Reg & Dorothy Calvert and other pop groups and Reg Calvert visit: www.davidstjohn.co.uk